Used by lawyers, judges, paralegals, law students and others in the legal profession, The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation, is the authoritative style guide for legal citation in the United States.
The frequently referenced, ever expanding (over 500 pages!) spiral bound 8.3 x 5.7 book in signature blue is now available on all Apple iOS devices, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch via the Rulebook App.
The Rulebook App give you access to current federal and state court rules with the following functionality:
- Search your entire library by key words or phrases.
- Touch any word to highlight, annotate and/or bookmark any amount of text.
- Navigate from rule to rule easily by swiping the screen or jumping to the rule using the active table of contents feature.
- Keep multiple rules and authorities open at once and toggle easily back and forth between authorities with rulebook’s multitask function.
- Double tap anywhere in the rule to immediately identify what rule and subsection you are viewing.
- Jump directly to cited sources through active hyperlinks.
- Enjoy having all your content automatically kept up to date without losing any of your highlights or annotations through rulebook’s proprietary update tool.
And now, the Bluebook is available as an in-app purchase for $39.99.
We are honored that the rulebook app has been chosen as the mobile app for The Bluebook,” said Gregory Hoole, president of Ready Reference Apps, the developer of the rulebook app. “There is an unmistakable paradigm shift occurring from paper to paperless publication. The Bluebook editors’ proactive move into this new space will provide a great benefit to law students and legal professionals alike.
For one day only, August 22, 2012, the Federal Rules of Appellate Procedure, Bankruptcy Procedure, Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure and Evidence may be downloaded at no charge on the rulebook app . All you need to do is download the free app and then download the federal rules, which will be priced “free” on that day.