4. Sync selective files only – If you’re concerned about space on your computer or have Dropbox installed on multiple computers, you can choose to sync only selected files to each computer. Right-click (Control+Enter on a Mac) the Dropbox icon on your computer, choose “Preferences” and “Advanced.” Click on “Saved Settings” and choose which files you want synced to that computer.
5. Offline access – Favorite select files on your mobile device for later viewing in places without internet access – like the subway or airplane. The file(s) marked as favorites will be downloaded to your device for offline access.
6. Enable Two-Step verification for added security – If you have the option to ramp up security, do it. An additional step is worth the hassle. Go to “Settings” and under the “Security” tab, enable two-step verification. Now, when you install Dropbox on another computer or device, you’ll need a password and the additional security code.
7. Easy link sharing – Right-click or control-click on the file, choose “Dropbox” and “Share Link” to quickly email, IM or text message documents, photos and videos to friends and colleagues with a unique link. Friends – even those without a Dropbox account – who click the link will get an instant preview of the file or folder in their browser.
8. Speed up file uploads – Files taking a bit too long to upload? Dropbox automatically limits file upload rates. To change this, Click on the Dropbox icon on your computer and go to “Preferences.” Under the “Network” tab, change Upload Rate to “Don’t Limit.”
9. Backup Your WordPress website or blog to Dropbox – Backing up is a no-brainer, yet we neglect it. Instead, automate the process. WordPress makes it easy with the WordPress Backup to Dropbox plugin: Choose a day, time and how often you wish a backup to be performed and your files will be dropped in Dropbox.
10. Stream music on any device – Create a folder on your computer of favorite tracks and drag it into Dropbox. Now you’ll be able to listen to music on any devices connected to your Dropbox account. You might want to get some of the free additional space that we talked about earlier before doing this.
Other tips? Please share in the comments below.