Blogging is one of the 5 best ways to grow your email list. And, WordPress is the best blogging platform for your blog. One of the reasons is the WordPress community of developers that create plugins to extend the functionality of the already robust software. Among them, are plugins to help you grow your email marketing lists. Here are five.
1. WP Email Capture – This free plugin creates a 2 field form (Name & Email) for capturing emails. Email is double opt in, and allows you to forward opt in to services such as ebooks or software. When you are ready to begin your email marketing campaign, simply export the list into your chosen email marketing software or service. (WP Email Capture has been downloaded over 111,000 times.)
2. Newsletter – This plug-in adds a newsletter system to your WordPress blog. Perfect for list building, you can create cool emails with visual editor, send and track them. Choose from a subscription widget, page or via custom form with single and double opt-in checkboxes. (Newsletter has been downloaded over 900,000 times.)
3. WPNewsman – Easily convert your website visitors into newsletter subscribers through double opt-in subscription forms in widgets, posts and pages. Import and manage your lists, and create and send beautiful newsletters directly from your WordPress site. Free for up to 2,000 subscribers with a paid Pro version for additional subscribers. (WPNewsman has been downloaded 23,525 times.)
4. Mail Subscribe List – This is a simple plugin that allows visitors to enter their name and email address on your website, the visitors details are then added to the subscribers list which is available to view and modify in the WordPress admin area. (Mail Subscribe List has been downloaded over 72,000 times.)
5. Magic Action Box – Display professional looking opt-in forms and feature boxes in your WordPress site. Easily add email opt-in forms before or after a blog post or page. (Magic Action Box has been downloaded over 51,000 times.)
Many email marketing services such as Mad Mimi, MailChimp, Constant Contact, and AWeber also have their own WordPress plugins.
Use the free WordPress blogging software to host your blog, and create useful content. Then add one of these plugins, build your email list for a newsletter, and watch your blog traffic grow.