4. Criminal Justice (9.4K followers) – Questions about sentencing, the death penalty and prison life.
5. Law School (8K followers) – Questions about taking the LSAT and insight into law schools, especially ivy league schools.
6. Legal Issues and Law in Everyday Life (8K followers) – Bankruptcy, tax issues, traffic violations, etc – issues people encounter in their daily lives, as the topic title indicates.
7. Law Firms (7K followers) – Law firms business structure and management.
8. Attorneys (7K followers) – As might be expected, questions are all over the place, from general to very specific. Good opportunity for lawyers to weigh in.
9. Management of Law Firms and Practice (1.6K followers) – Question about legal technology dominate.
10. Law Firm Profitability (1.4K followers) – Questions range from outsourcing to revenue vs. profit, to attorney fees.
Lawyers can also look up topics based on their practice area, like Entertainment, Sports, Media, Privacy, Defamation, etc. These less broad topics range from a handful of followers to several hundred. There’s even an Attorney Recommendations topic with requests for a specific attorney to help with a legal issue.
Interested in finding out who are answering the law related questions? See Who are the attorneys and law school students on Quora? Participants include solo attorneys, law firms like Baker & McKenzie, DLA Piper, inside counsel, and company executives.