2. Legal Toolkit – Another terrific podcast on the Legal Talk Network is the Legal Toolkit hosted by Jared Correia, Law Practice Advisor at Massachusetts LOMAP. I was honored to be a recent guest on the program and he’s got the process down to a science. While you’re over there, check out the Network’s lineup of other stellar podcasts including Law Technology Now, New Solo and IP Counsel.
Recent podcast: Disaster Recovery and Disaster Planning
3. Bloomberg Law Podcasts – This series covers the latest on regulation and securities law, and a range of related topics.
Recent podcast: IP Law: Record Industry to Battle over Copyright Control
4. CLE Premier Speaker series – A brand new entry into the legal podcasting world, this ABA series is a monthly program where members can earn up to 18 hours of FREE continuing legal education credits every year through programs featuring today’s most influential legal practitioners. Of course you have to spring for an ABA membership so it’s not really free.
Upcoming podcast: Trying High-Profile Cases in Today’s Media Environment
5. TED Talks – Law – The widely popular TED Talks series devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading in technology, entertainment and design also covers legal.
Oldie but goodie: Larry Lessig on laws that choke creativity
6. Legal Geekery – Current legal issus brought to you from law students and recent law school grads.
Recent podcast: Let Me Point Out This “Unpublished” Opinion, Because It Doesn’t Exist
7. LexisNexis Legal Podcasts – This comprehensive series covers a range of legal topics and practice areas including:
- Workers’ Compensation Podcasts
- Patent, Copyright, Trademark Law Podcasts
- Tax Law Podcasts
- Real Estate Law Podcasts
- International Law Center Podcasts
- Commercial & General Business Podcasts
- Bankruptcy Law Center Podcasts
- Environmental Law & Climate Change Podcasts
- Insurance Law Center Podcasts
8. Law School Podcaster – From law school applicants to legal professionals, this podcast offers insight and advice on the competitive world of law school and beyond. A cool feature is the full-text transcript available on the same page as the podcast download.
Recent podcast: Spotlighting the Sports & Entertainment Law Practice Area
Recent podcast: Steve Jobs’ Legacy, Healthcare, and the Supreme Court
10. This Week in Law – Covers breaking issues in technology law including patents, copyrights, and more.
Recent podcast: iLaw. Justice Inside
These are just a few of the top legal podcasts out there. Any others? Please add in the comments section below.
UPDATE: See Current Legal Podcasts for a comprehensive, up-to-date list.