There’s no guarantee to landing a lucrative first-year associate position right out of law school. In fact, more new lawyers than ever before are hanging out a shingle after they pass the bar. Veteran lawyers, weary of the big law grind, are also feeling their entrepreneurial oats, as are some in-house lawyers itching to go out on their own.
The quickest and easiest way to start your own practice or to transition from a law firm to a solo venture is with a virtual office. The barrier to entry is low: You can sit down at the kitchen table, open your laptop, and start working on client matters right away. However, any law firm considering virtual lawyering should proceed with caution, one step at a time, to determine which methods are most effective and ethical.
In this guide, we’ll share the best tips, tools, and practices that will help you run a thriving virtual law firm, including:
- What is a Virtual Law Firm?
- The 7 Essentials for Running a Virtual Law Firm
- Managing Your Business, Clients, and Cases in the Cloud
- Using a Secure Portal to Deliver Legal Services
- How to Use a Virtual Receptionist in Your Law Practice
- Using Shared Office Space Just for Lawyers
- Ethical Considerations for Running a Virtual Law Office
- Rules and Tips to Staying Safe Online
- Taking it to the Next Level: Going Paperless
- Paperless Law Office Protocols
- Law Firm Marketing: Build Your Brand with Content, Social Media, and SEO