To apply to this position, please send a well-written email and resume to email@example.com.
Do you want to develop software with the smartest engineers in South Florida? Do you enjoy working in a variety of platforms including web and mobile? Then take a look at Rocket Matter.
We are looking for a Software Developer to become a fundamental member of our engineering team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You are a highly motivated professional driven to succeed and wishing to advance your career in software development. You love coding for coding’s sake and thrive in an environment where your role is a critical component to the continued successful growth of the company.
Your primary responsibility is to work with the product and engineering teams to build new software and add new functionality to our existing solution.
We use Atlassian tools – Confluence for our requirements, JIRA for our stories and tickets. We use GIT for source control. Our stack is on .NET (C#), and uses Angular and MS SQL Server. We’re doing a lot of interesting things with multi-tenancy.
This job is perfect for someone with around 5 years of experience looking for an exciting opportunity for career advancement with a growing software company. The CEO is an engineer and built the first version of the product, and consequently understands the tradeoffs and issues you face.
We place extreme importance on cultural fit – if you have a negative attitude or you’re a pain to work with (or if you’ve been told that repeatedly), please do not apply. Everyone gets along here and is very talented.
- Work with product team to understand requirements
- Build web and mobile software using the company’s technology stack (.Net/C#/Angular/SQL) and best practices
- Meet/exceed monthly goals as established by the management team
- Execute deployments to cloud architecture
- Assist with Level 2 support tickets on occasion
- Work with other software developers for knowledge share to increase each others’ skills and to review code
- Stay current with technology trends and bring new ideas and developments to the table
- Work with team to optimize server environments.
- 2+ years experience in professional programming
- 2+ years SQL Server experience
- 2+ years .Net/C# experience and IIS/Windows Server environments
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development
- Strong interpersonal skills (friendly, outgoing personality, not afraid to talk to strangers)
- Quick learner who is self motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment and adaptive to change
- Comfortable with common design patterns, best practices of software development including unit testing and source code control.
- Ability to converse with and influence high level decision makers
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of AWS a huge plus
Competitive base salary up to 90k per year as well as full-time benefits. Rocket Matter promotes within and this role is a vital component of our continued success.
- Paid Time Off
- Base Salary
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- IRA with company contributions
- Unlimited M&M’s
- Invigorating and fun Culture
- Ping Pong and Game Tournaments
- Casual Dress
- Committed to work/life balance
- Dogs in the office
- The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace