App of the Week: CardStar – Ditch the Plastic and Go Digital
I’m not much of a shopper, but appreciate a deal as much as the next person. But often, those deals are connected to loyalty cards which are usually lost or fogotten at home. However, the one item we’re never without is our smartphone and now with the CardStar, our cards, coupons, and more.
Use your phone’s camera to scan in cards for hundreds of national and regional retailers, libraries and associations. If a card is not supported or doesn’t have a barcode, it’s easy to add your own.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Scan your card* at checkout with SyncScan®
- Access special offers and promotions from your favorite places to shop
- Discover great local deals from Groupon, BuyWithMe, Gilt City and more
- Browse and clip grocery coupons directly to your card
- Backup, restore and sync your cards across devices
- Limit access to your cards with passcode protection
- Launch directly to the card you need with Favorite Places
- Check-in to foursquare while you checkout
I’ve started using the app and it works beautifully. No more fishing around for cards or losing out on deals.
Available: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, or Nokia