Legal Productivity App of the Week: How to Buffer Tweets From Your iPhone
We’re all about productivity, which makes us huge fans of Buffer, the app that helps us manage our Twitter activity. The only drawback is the lack of an iPhone app, which makes sense since it’s designed to beautifully integrate with the Twitter web interface and is not a third party stand alone application.
Buffer does however, offer a mobile solution where you can email a link from your mobile and add it to your Buffer queue. But we’ve discovered another cool solution.
During a conversation earlier this week, Ariel, co-founder of Rocket Matter shared an innovative iPhone solution. Here are the steps:
- Install the Buffer Bookmarklet on the Safari browser on your computer
- Next, sync your iPhone with iTunes and remember to check the box next to Sync Safari Bookmarks
- On your iPhone, open a link you wish to tweet (this can be from the stream in your Twitter mobile client) in the Safari browser
- Click on the Bookmark icon at the bottom of the browser and choose Add to Buffer
- A window will pop up with the Buffered tweet and you can choose to Post now, Add to Buffer, or edit the tweet to include an RT @ before adding to Buffer
That’s it! The next time you want to Add to Buffer from the Safari browser on your iPhone just click on the Bookmark icon.