[Webinar Wrap-Up] How to Run a Mac-Based Law Firm
A recording of the webinar is also available.
Check out Rocket Academy for additional videos on practice management, marketing, and technology.
Tom provided a list of some of the tools he recommended on the webinar:
See, also, three related posts Tom authored for us:
Finally, here are the 10 pillars for running a Mac-based law firm that Tom identified:
- Hardware – Budget to upgrade every 3 years. Invest in solid state hard drives. Used a dedicated monitor – ergonomics.
- Software – Invest in productivity boosters. Wait to install updates. Update regularly. Use business grade communications software.
- Backup – Make local, encrypted backups. Invest in cloud backup. Regularly scheduled, random test restores. Review backup configurations from time to time.
- Email – Pay for business class email. Setup archiving / backup solutions
- Security & Network – Invest in enterprise grade solutions. Firewalls with automatic security definition updates. Secured wireless and guest network solutions. Use an enterprise grade VPN. Use a password manager. Use multiple layers of security such as Open DNS Umbrella for threat protection.
- Mobile Device Management – Enroll devices in a MDM platform/solution. Implement security policies. Have an MDM policy in place.
- Case Management – Invest in a modern cloud-based solution. Leverage streamlined processes.
- File management – Invest in the right solution. Build logical structure. Test and verify VPN and streamline process. Set user permissions. Revisit structure and regularly clean it up.
- Servers – Invest in the right solution. As an expert. Consider cloud storage options.
- Legacy items – Purge and clean. Migrate to a new PC/VM that is also backed up.