If you’re going to the ABA TECHSHOW in Chicago this week, we can’t wait to see you. Make sure you connect with your friends at Rocket Matter as we’re going to have a lot of fun planned for the event. Stop by booth 930 and join in! Here are just a few things we have in store:
1) Awesome booth swag. We are bringing branded basketball hoops, water bottles, and delicious cookies with our logo on them (see below re: cookies). Plus, the Rocket Matter staff we are bringing to our booth are hilarious and all-around awesome!
2) Ten years! We are celebrating our 10-year anniversary this year, so make sure you stop by booth 930 and get one of our 10th-anniversary cookies. The sugar rush will help you focus during your CLE sessions! And to the guy that goes around every TECHSHOW grabbing handfuls vendors’ candy, you may only take ONE cookie. (I kid you not. There is an attorney who does this, year after year.)
3) Learning about Lean. (I kid you not there is an attorney who does this, year after year), I’m celebrating the launch of my book The Lean Law Firm with my coauthor Dave Maxfield, an attorney from South Carolina. Dave and I have a session on Friday on Lean where we’ll be giving an overview of the contents of the book. The Lean Law Firm, published by the ABA, tells the story of a law firm who becomes more profitable using system thinking methodologies used by companies like Toyota and Intel.
4) Back by popular demand: The best 5K ever! Join us for the 2nd Annual ABA TECHSHOW 5K! Bring your sneakers and some cold-weather running gear. Meet your fellow attendees at 7am on Friday at the Hyatt’s West Lobby entrance. Early morning runs are a great way to network and mingle outside of the happy hour events. The 5K is sponsored by Rocket Matter and Ruby Receptionists.
5) Rocket Project Management, our new automation and workflow tool to our software. We’re going to be demonstrating Rocket Project Management at booth 930 at the show. We have a little theater built for you: a big LCD screen and chairs, so stop by, eat a 10th anniversary cookie, and enjoy the show. Plus, we’ll be raffling off the LCD at the end of TECHSHOW so you may just get lucky!
6) Hearing me speak! I will be faculty on two sessions this year, both on Friday. The first is the above-mentioned session on Lean with coauthor Dave Maxfield. If you are unfamiliar with Dave and I, we are very informative and VERY funny. The second is a panel discussion on cloud computing. If you’re thinking about moving to the cloud, this is a great session to attend to be more informed. Here are the details of both sessions:
Lean Law Firm Talk: 10:30AM Central time in room Columbus KL
Cloud Computing Panel: 3PM Central Time in room Columbus IJ