During a recent training session, I shared my private “Law 200” Twitter list that includes lawyers and technologists, marketers, and other professionals in the legal space who consistently post useful information. It’s a list I peruse daily and hone ruthlessly (the reason I keep it private). A participant remarked that it would be useful for lawyers new to twitter. Indeed, one of the challenges for Twitter newbies is figuring out who to follow. Check out how sixteen practicing lawyers use Twitter, then follow these 50 forward-thinking lawyers selected from the “Law 200” Twitter list to keep on top of what’s shaping the legal profession.
1. @kevinokeefe Kevin O’Keefe – NYC native, Wisconsin raised. Dad to 5, husband, lawyer, CEO, founder. Empowering lawyers to network online on the world’s largest legal blog network.
2. @bobambrogi Bob Ambrogi – Lawyer, writer, consultant.
3. @jordan_law21 Jordan Furlong – Equipment Manager, 2015 Appalachian League Champion Johnson City Cardinals; Bass Guitar, Dire Straits tribute band Troubled Waters; Legal Market Analyst.
4. @legalmosaic Mark A Cohen – Legal Education | Legal Delivery System | Future of Law | Legal Supply Chain | Strategy Consultant in Legal Industry
5. @ListenLikeaLwyr Listen Like a Lawyer (Jennifer Romig)- A blog exploring effective listening practices for lawyers, law students, and all legal professionals
6. @ChadVolkert Charles A. Volkert – Career Coach, Legal Industry Thought Leader and Business Innovator, Chad is the Executive Director for Robert Half Legal with 30 offices worldwide.
7. @LeanLawStrategy Kenneth A. Grady – Strategist, innovator, lawyer, simplicity driver, author, speaker. My thoughts only.
8. @2Civility Jayne Reardon – Promoting core values of the legal profession. Embracing the possibilities of #futurelaw. Lawyer, wife, mom and the Commission’s Executive Director.
9. @JohnGrimley John Grimley – Writer. Lawyer. Author: A Comprehensive Guide to the Asia-Pacific Legal Markets.
10. @margarethagan Margaret Hagan – Legal Designer, lecturer at @Stanforddschool, fellow at @StanfordLaw’s @StanfordCLP.
11. @JEGrant3 John E. Grant – Lawyer & #LegalOps Consultant. Legal Proj Mgmt w/ #Lean #Agile #Kanban #LeanStartup & #TheoryOfConstraints. Agile Attorney Consulting & Legal Value Theory blog.
12. @R_Amani R. Amani – Assoc Legal Solutions Architect @ SeyfarthLean Consulting, subsidiary of @SeyfarthShawLLP. Atty, @ReInventLaw alum, @legalhackDET co-founder.
13. @richardsusskind Richard Susskind – Author of ‘Tomorrow’s Lawyers’ and various other books; President, Society for Computers and Law; IT Adviser to Lord Chief Justice; speaker; professor.
14. @ValoremLamb Patrick Lamb – Trial lawyer for business using alternative fees. Blogger. Contrarian.
15. @pwoldow Pamela Woldow – Master Coach, Attorney, Advisor to General Counsel & ABA Legal Rebel.
16. @jkubicki Joshua Kubicki – build, launch, fuel new legal business models.
17. @LawyerCoach Debra L Bruce – Coaching, speaking & training on what law school didn’t teach: leadership, communication, productivity, biz development, etc.; lawyer 18 yrs coach 15 yrs.
18. @SheilaBlackford Sheila M. Blackford – Atty, Practice Mgmt Advisor, OR State Bar PLF. Adj Faculty, U of O SOL. Former EIC, Law Practice mag, co-author Paperless in One Hour for Lawyers.
19. @HackettInHouse Susan Hackett – CEO of Legal Executive Leadership; former GC for Association of Corporate Counsel; advancing the new normal in law departments & law firms.
20. @PaulLippe Paul Lippe – #legalbydesign.
21. @DanPinnington Dan Pinnington – Legal technology visionary. Law practice management and claims prevention guru. Dynamic presenter. Single malt fan. Bassist. Father of 5.
22. @EJWalters Ed Walters – CEO of @Fastcase. Teaching Law of Robots at @GeorgetownLaw.
23. @rgranat Richard S. Granat – ABA Legal Rebel, virtual lawyer, investor, CEO.
24. @ronfriedmann Ron Friedmann – Improving law practice via outsourcing, technology, KM, and business discipline. Lawyer, marketer, blogger, ex-econometrician, ex-strategy-consultant.
25. @themaclawyer Ben Stevens – Practicing Family Law Attorney in Spartanburg, SC and Publisher of The Mac Lawyer blog, which focuses on Using Macs in the Practice of Law.
26. @danielmills Daniel M. Mills – I work for more than 100,000 lawyers and I’m interested in the lawyer as entrepreneur. I am the D.C. Bar Practice Management Advisor & a Fastcase 50 member.
27. @allisonshields Allison Shields – LI Lawyer; Writer; Consultant; Coach; Blogger. Follow me as I help attorneys attract the clients they want & create effective law practices they love.
28. @rodneydowell Rodney Dowell – Executive Director for Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, a non-profit lawyers assistance program, husband and father to three wonderful boys.
29. @denniskennedy Dennis Kennedy – Dennis Kennedy: Technology lawyer, legal technologist, author, speaker, blogger.
30. @joshuamking Josh King – Avvo’s General Counsel and VP, Business Development. Fixed-gear bike commuter, bacon and bourbon enthusiast, free speech fanatic.
31. @advocatesstudio Martha Sperry – Attorney Writing On Law, Technology and the Developing Web.
32. @david_bilinsky David Bilinsky- To empower lawyers to anticipate the changes, realize the opportunities, face the challenges and embrace the possibilities of innovative practice management.
33. @StephKimbro Stephanie Kimbro – Writer, Co-Founder, Entrepreneur, Professor, Game Developer, Lawyer, Mom, Fellow at Stanford Law.
34. @carolynelefant Carolyn Elefant – 21st century energy lawyer, author,blogger,mom,early adopter. On a mission to make solos in the best sense. Crazy for pups, Ayn Rand & a good infographic.
35. @nikiblack Nicole Black – Legal Technology Evangelist | MyCase; lawyer/author: Cloud Computing for Lawyers http://tinyurl.com/booksx3 – speaker, foodie, and wino.
36. @catherinereach Catherine Reach – Director, Law Practice Management & Technology at Chicago Bar Association. Focusing on the utility of technology in law practice.
37. @ernieattorney Ernest Svenson – Curiosity-driven lawyer who tries to embrace change, not resist it: Serial blogger; Occasional guitarist; Constant wonderer.
38. @gnawledge Toby Brown – Comments on legal marketing, technology, alternative fees and other trends. [Update: honorary lawyer]
39. @LeeRosen Lee Rosen – North Carolina divorce lawyer. Married to @lisarosen and dad to @tobyrosen and @delaneyrosen. Digital nomad. Co-author of Smart Divorce.
40. @TomMighell Tom Mighell – Lawyer, Information Governance consultant, legal technology speaker and writer, ABA Law Practice Division Publications Chair.
41. @matthomann Matt Homann – Kendeo & LexThink CEO. Co-founder of Invisible Girlfriend. I suffer from Idea Surplus Disorder. I also help smart people think, meet and learn together better.
42. @LawFirmCoach Nora Riva Bergman – I’m a lawyer & law firm coach. I help lawyers earn more, stress less & have fun in the process. You CAN push past your fears & create the law practice YOU want.
43. @taxgirl Kelly Phillips Erb – Cupcake maker, coffee drinker, dino expert. Former southerner who converted mostly for snow. One of the good guy lawyers. I write a little something for @Forbes
44. @Jeena_Cho Jeena Cho – Mindful lawyer @jclawgroup | Cultivating tools for happiness and maximizing human potential | The Anxious Lawyer (ABA) 2015 | @HuffPost | Adj Prof @usflaw.
45. @jaredcorreia Jared Correia – Assistant Director @MassLOMAP | Faculty, Consultant @SoloPracticeU | Columnist @AttnyAtWork | Faculty @ConcordLaw | Author of ‘Twitter in One Hour for Lawyers.’
46. @jimcalloway Jim Calloway – Practice Management Advisor for Oklahoma Bar assn. and blogger at Law Practice Tips blog.
47. @rightbrainlaw Dan Lear – Director of Industry Relations at @avvo. Cofounder of @legaltechSEA. Obsessed with 21st century legal practice. Living the #altlegal dream.
48. @KateMayerMangan Kate Mayer Mangan – Owner of Donocle (http://donocle.com ), helping people work better and with more joy; lawyer; believer in the power of stories, change, and sleep.
49. @LegalNoise Ron Dolin – Legal Technologist, Co-Founder of Program for Legal Tech & Design, Fellow & Instructor of Law at Stanford Law School, Center on the Legal Profession.
50. @pmellis Patrick Ellis – Attorney, Legal Project Manager.
Follow these lawyers, learn from them, and engage them, for a vibrant and meaningful Twitter experience. If you have other favorites, please add in the comments below.