Are You Using These 7 Useful iPhone Features?
Whether you’re a novice or a long-time iPhone user, there are probably a few not-so-well known features you may have missed. Here are seven recent favorites:
1. Add folders to the dock – Grouping similar apps into folders lets you organize your apps and get rid of cluttered screens. To create a folder, tap and hold an app and drag it on top of another app. Go one further by dragging a folder of frequently used apps to the Dock.
2. Increase font size – Is the iOS fixed font size too small for you? It’s easy to increase the default font size in Mail, Text Messages, Notes and Calendar: Go to Settings > General > Accessibility, and tap “Large Text.” Choose from 20pt to 56pt size.
3. Merge Calls for a Conference Call – To add callers to a telephone conversation, tap on “Add Call” and dial another number or choose one from your contacts. When the connection is made, tap “Merge Calls” to add person to current call. Repeat for additional participants.
4. Add photos to email – When composing an email, tap in the message to bring up a menu that includes “Insert Photo or Video.” Choose an image from your photo library and it’ll be added to the email.
5. Quickly view history in Safari – When browsing, you can navigate menu options to view your history. Instead, press and hold down the the Back button located at the bottom of the screen to quickly view your recently visited sites.
6. Read selected text – Would you rather listen than read? Like when you’re driving or at the gym? Go to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn on “Speak Selection.” Now when you select a body of text, a “Speak” option appears in the pop-up menu. Great for listening to blog posts or long articles on the treadmill.
7. Delete one number at a time for Calculator typos – Instead of hitting the “Clear” button when you make a typo, swipe left or right to delete your last entry. Swipe again to delete the next number. This comes in handy when you’re entering large numbers.
Check out additional iPhone tips: 7 Useful IPhone Tips You Probably Didn’t Know About
Don’t Wipe Your Stolen Or Lost IPhone, And Other Useful Tips
8 IPad Tips And Tricks
Streamline Your Smartphone Apps By Organizing Them Into Folders