App of the Week: CloudOn – Run Microsoft Office on Your Phone or Tablet
I switched word processing and spreadsheet activities to Google Docs years ago but still have an install of Microsoft Office suite on my Mac for when I need more robust functionality (rarely) or when others I’m working with demand it (not so rarely). With CloudOn, I don’t have to run to my computer to work on a Microsoft document; I can do it right on my mobile device.
Before getting the mobile app, download CloudOn to your computer and set up an account. You’ll need to connect it to your Box, Google Drive, SkyDrive or Dropbox account which CloudOn uses to store your files.
Among a host of full featured functionality, CloudOn on your mobile device allows you to:
- View virtually any type of file, including: PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Share files as links or attachments via email directly from the workspace.
- Display, edit or create charts, change formatting, spell check, insert comments, etc into any Word, Excel or PowerPoint files.
- Track changes while reviewing Word documents.
- Use pivot tables and insert formulas in Excel workbooks.
- Display and edit transitions in PowerPoint slides and present in full presentation mode.
- Automatically save documents to avoid losing changes.
CloudOn is great for managing Microsoft documents on the go with full editing functionality and the ability to track changes, an important feature for lawyers. Note that you must be connected to the internet to use this app.
Available: iPhone, iPad, Android
App Of The Week: Blogsy – Blogging On The IPad
App Of The Week: Able2Doc: Convert PDF To Word With Only 2 Taps
App Of The Week: MobiLit – Document Sharing And Projection From Your IPad